The only nationwide law group focused on winning justice for victims of violence and misconduct in schools.
OFFICES IN COLORADO, MICHIGAN,
NEW YORK, AND WASHINGTON D.C.
Trial lawyers have long protected legal rights that society most values. This is our benchmark.
PURSUING JUSTICE NATIONWIDE
Our lawyers and work are regularly profiled in national media including CNN, MSNBC, Good Morning America, The Today Show, The New York Times, USA Today, NPR, Time Magazine, The Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, and more.
Our Clients Benefit from the Firm’s Unequaled Nationwide Legal Expertise
Across the country and for more than 25 years, we have successfully resolved state and federal lawsuits involving serious personal injuries and wrongful death at schools, colleges and fraternities....Show MoreView Media
Our Lawyers Specialize in Wrongful Death Lawsuits Against Fraternities: Hazing at Cornell University
George Desdunes was killed by fraternity hazing at Cornell University. We obtained a confidential, multi-million dollar settlement for George’s mother. While it took 5 or so years for Marie to win ...Show MoreView Media
Our Lawyers Represent Victims of Gun Violence in Schools: Press Conference Post-Virginia Tech Massacre
Our lawyers negotiated the historic settlements for the wrongful deaths and injured survivors valued in excess of $11 Million. The settlements established a foundation in their honor that continues...Show MoreView Media
Our Lawyers Win Justice for Sexual Assault Survivors
John Doe suffered a brutal sexual assault by his high school basketball teammates. Our firm filed suit against the school district, school and coaching staff under Title IX, Section 1983 of the Civ...Show MoreView Media
Our Lawyers Represent Sexual Assault Survivors: Lawsuit Against Kansas State Under Title IX
Good Morning America featured our work and clients’ federal lawsuits seeking to compel Kansas State University to investigate, hold disciplinary hearings, and abide by Title IX and state law regard...Show MoreView Media
DATELINE: The College Fraternity Crisis
Dateline NBC interviews a group of 16 parents who have lost their children to fraternity negligence. Attorney Doug Fierberg and several of our clients are also featured in the episode. Our heart...Show MoreView Media
“It’s time to pass the Equal Rights Amendment so that our legal system can become a system of justice, and #metoo can finally become no more.” -Laura Dunn
George Desdunes was killed by fraternity hazing by Sigma Alpha Epsilon members and pledges at Cornell University. His mother’s wrongful death lawsuit established precedent in New York that enables victims of fraternity hazing and their families to hold national fraternities legally responsible for death and other injuries caused by their members and chapters. SAE and its fraternity members spent years fighting the lawsuit, without success. When the fraternity defendants’ final effort to dismiss the lawsuit was rejected by the Court, we obtained a confidential, multi-million dollar settlement for George’s mother. While it took 5 or so years for Marie to win her lawsuit, we protected Marie the whole way.
Our lawyers negotiated the historic settlements for the wrongful deaths and injured survivors valued in excess of $11 Million. The settlements established a foundation in their honor that continues to advocate for safe schools and gun control, which we continue to represent. Our work was the only successful resolution of this tragedy and potential lawsuits and resulted in economic recoveries, health insurance, counseling and health care treatment for life.
Good Morning America featured our work and clients’ federal lawsuits seeking to compel Kansas State University to investigate, hold disciplinary hearings, and abide by Title IX and state law regarding their allegations of rape at fraternity houses. “Zero tolerance” policies against rape are meaningless without preventive actions, compelled reforms and punitive enforcement: We file lawsuits and represent clients in all proceedings seeking to compel schools to make campus safe, investigate claims of sexual assault and student danger, hold fair, lawful hearings, punish perpetrators, and protect and accommodate survivors.
Dateline NBC interviews a group of 16 parents who have lost their children to fraternity negligence. Several of our clients and attorney Doug Fierberg are also featured in the episode. Our hearts go out to the families who lost children to fraternity negligence as we continue to find justice and demand safe campus environments.
Across the country and for more than 25 years, we have successfully resolved state and federal lawsuits involving serious personal injuries and wrongful death at schools, colleges, and fraternities. We established this legal specialty. Our lawyers have been involved in enacting or reauthorizing historic state and federal legislation. Our attorneys have the training, experience, and confidence necessary to overcome tough legal obstacles and well-heeled lawyers and legislators, wherever located. We also represent survivors of gun and sexual violence in high school/college/fraternity/university disciplinary hearings, compelling offenders and institutions to abide by the law, pay compensation, enforce codes of conduct, expel rapists, and protect and accommodate survivors.
We build legal teams combining local attorneys and national expertise so you get the best legal representation wherever you are.
- In July 2018, Doug Fierberg obtained a settlement in excess of $300 Million for a client minutes before opening statements in a trial.
- In October 2017, attorney Monica Beck obtained a $1.8 Million verdict on behalf of one of our clients in Federal Court against Chad Curtis, a former major league baseball player (now incarcerated) who sexually assaulted four of our clients in high school.
- In 2014, we obtained approximately $5 Million in federal court judgments and settlements for young girls improperly videotaped and photographed by their elementary school teacher, enabling them to obtain the quality mental health care they deserve, pay for college, and, for some, purchase homes for themselves and families. We help rape survivors achieve justice in school disciplinary hearings – protecting students and their Title IX and educational rights. As part of our practice focusing on women’s rights, we defend sexual assault survivors who have been sued by perpetrators for defamation, and file counterclaims on their behalf to obtain compensation for their injuries.
We have served as lead counsel in lawsuits, administrative complaints, mediation, and school disciplinary proceedings in numerous states, including Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
We have established legal precedent in numerous states (Federal and State Courts), created legacies for our clients, and collected tens and tens of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements against individuals, corporations, fraternities, educational institutions, enablers and con-apologists responsible for harming our clients. “You and Jon were amazing! We had them outlawyered today, which gives us a fighting chance of having it acknowledged that our son died from hazing and that steps will be taken to prevent others from being harmed/killed. All because of you, Jon and the Team in Michigan and PA!” Surviving Parent/Client, 2017.
Our litigation and trial skills also assist our commercial work, advice, and litigation on behalf of individuals, for-profit and non-profit organizations and start-ups. Our commercial advice covers a wide-spectrum of start-up, entity formation, operational, employment, management, leasing, litigation, strategic and governance legal issues. And, when conflict cannot be circumvented, we have successfully brought, defended and resolved numerous types of commercial claims, as well as investigative and enforcement actions brought by state and federal agencies.
- For more than 20 years, we have served as outside general counsel for the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (“NACA”), this country’s most progressive, aggressive and successful organization fighting housing discrimination and predatory lending. NACA has made the American Dream of homeownership possible for thousands of working people, forcing banks to commit billions of dollars to end discrimination. See www.naca.com
- We served as lead trial attorneys for Rolling Stone LLC, Jann Wenner, and Wenner Media LLC, legendary global media companies defending a $25 Million defamation lawsuit filed against them arising out of an article Rolling Stone published on the subject of sexual assaults at college fraternities. Our work uncovered numerous legal and factual flaws in the allegations against Rolling Stone, and, as a result, the claims were successfully resolved for a small fraction of the damages sought.
- We served as lead trial attorneys for Rolling Stone, Jann Wenner and Wenner Media in defense of a federal lawsuit brought against them in New York by individual members of Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. The lawsuit was dismissed.
- For more than 25 years, we have served as general counsel for the International Titanium Association, an association of American and multi-national businesses operating worldwide. See www.titanium.org
- We initiate and defend litigation in Washington, D.C. and Virginia on behalf of Grosvenor Urban Retail, LP, a London-based, global leader in commercial real estate. See www.grosvenor.com
- For more than 20 years, we have served as outside general counsel for Fasano Associates, Inc., a Washington D.C. – headquartered diversified underwriting organization serving the life insurance, annuity/structured settlement, life settlement and related industries nationwide.
Un abogado en nuestro bufete, Jonathon Fazzola, está disponible para hacer consultas en español para los clientes de habla hispana. We have successfully represented a number of people who struggle to speak and/or understand English. We have ready access to translators fluent in Arabic, Chinese and Russian. Igualidad ante la ley. 根据法律面前人人平等